Wisdom Trove is a quotations site with a difference
- There are many wonderful quotation sites on the internet. Wisdom Trove aims to provide something a bit different. Covering over 1200 topics relating to living, it builds a story around each topic through the insightful grouping and ordering of quotes and the use of thoughtful headings and sub-headings. This turns what exists elsewhere as random lists of quotes for each topic and author into something that is more integrated and meaningful. In short, Wisdom Trove doesn’t simply aggregate quotes. It lovingly curates quotes to distil wisdom on the art of living.
Wisdom Trove aspires to be …
- A rich celebration of wisdom through the ages and the sages, seers and mystics it has come though.
- A meaningful synopsis of the wisdom available on just about any topic to do with living.
- An inspirational, insightful, practical resource for living a fulfilled and inspired life.
- An exploration of big ideas from many different disciplines including science, philosophy, spirituality, psychology and personal development.
- Particularly useful for writers, personal development bloggers, budding philosophers, spiritual seekers, quote lovers and motivated students of life.
Principles that guide Wisdom Trove
- Combining existing wisdom to create new perspectives
- Connected and integrated
- Insightful and revelatory
- Practical, applicable and useful
- Providing both essence and substance
- All guiding principles
Quotes that inspire Wisdom Trove
- Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your reading have been to you like the blast of triumph out of Shakespeare, Seneca, Moses, John and Paul. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I have here only made a nosegay of culled flowers, and have brought nothing of my own but the thread that tied them together. Michel Eyquem de Montaigne
- Integrative simply means that this approach attempts to include as many important truths from as many disciplines as possible-from East as well as the West, from premodern and modern and postmodern, from the hard sciences of physics to the tender sciences of spirituality. Ken Wilber
- In order for us to truly create and contribute to the world, we have to be able to connect countless dots, to cross-pollinate ideas from a wealth of disciplines, to combine and recombine these pieces and build new castles. Maria Popova
- Wisdom is your perspective on life, your sense of balance, your understanding of how the various parts and principles apply and relate to each other. It embraces judgment, discernment, comprehension. It is a gestalt or oneness, and integrated wholeness. Stephen R. Covey
- All quotes that inspire Wisdom Trove
Who is Wisdom Trove curated by?
What are the benefits of curating quotes for Wisdom Trove?