https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-test-300x37.png 0 0 Graeme https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-test-300x37.png Graeme2021-09-10 16:02:542021-09-15 03:28:00Approval seeking (funny quotes)
Approval seeking (funny quotes)
- Black Eye: A stamp of disapproval.
- I can live for two months on a good compliment. Mark Twain
- Cleavage: Something which excites disapproval in everyone but the audience.
- When you cannot get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one. Mark Twain
- Beware of fishing for compliments – you might come up with a boot. Carol Weston
- Consult: To seek another’s approval of a course already decided on. Ambrose Bierce
- Consult: To seek approval for a course of action already decided upon. Ambrose Bierce
- Pornography: That which excites, whether from approval or disapproval. Leonard Rossiter
- There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments. Chris Rock
- Next to the disapproval of our friends, the approval of our enemies is most to be dreaded. Octave Feuillet
- I refused to attend his funeral. But I wrote a very nice letter explaining that I approved of it. Mark Twain
- You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, but there will always be someone who hates peaches. Dita von Teese
- When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn’t the slightest intention of putting it into practice. Otto Von Bismarck
- If you are flattering a woman, it pays to be a little more subtle; you don’t have to bother with men they believe any compliment automatically. Alan Ayckbourn