Anita Moorjani (born 1959) is author of the New York Times bestseller Dying to be Me. After her cancer diagnosis in 2002, Moorjani was taken to a hospital in 2006 where she lay in a coma for 30 hours, during which Moorjani claims to have undergone a Near Death Experience. Wikipedia
Connect: Web | Youtube | Facebook | Amazon
https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/Authors/anita-moorjani.jpeg 638 480 Aimee Davies https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-test-300x37.png Aimee Davies2019-12-02 14:04:322021-06-24 03:52:52Anita Moorjani (quotes)
Transform your life by loving yourself
- Your only work is to love yourself, and embody this truth of self-worth and self-love so that you can be love in action.
- When you can celebrate your empathy, when you can celebrate nurturing and taking care of yourself, and when you can take the time to listen to your intuition and do things that help you to become happier and stronger, and healthier, just by the nature of your being, you will live up to your full potential. You will transform the lives of others just by being yourself.
- I assure you that intuition and self-love go hand in hand, and your soul’s purpose will come out loud and clear as you love yourself more.
- I am more than a physical being. When I love myself, my whole self, I realize I’m more than a human body, I am a vehicle for my soul to express itself. I need to love, value, honor, and take care of my human form, and not beat it up, and criticize, and judge it.
- Transform your world by transforming your internal state. Start by learning to let go of negative self-judgment and replace it with positive and loving thoughts about yourself. Be kind to yourself and watch your external world change.
Find your light and let it shine
- Our job is to just be the light.
- Every aspect of you is perfect. There’s nothing to let go, nothing to forgive, nothing to attain. You already are everything you need to be. It can seem so complicated, but it’s not.
- Just be who you are. Be as you can be because that is why you are here. That is why you have come here – to express your magnificence. Shine your light as brightly as you can. Don’t deprive the universe or the world of who you came here to be…and that is your only purpose.
- Be as YOU as you can be. Because if you don’t be yourself, you’ll deprive the Universe of who you’ve come here to be.
Accept your humanness, with all its flaws
- Self-love means being there for yourself even when you fail, even when nobody else is there for you. It’s when you’re able to hug yourself, and pick yourself up and say, “It’s okay, I’m human. This is part of my journey. I learned.”
- Self-love is about stopping beating yourself up. It’s about knowing: I don’t need to do and be anything. It’s really about just being, and breathing, and being okay with being where I am right now.
How you live in the present moment, determines your future
- Make a commitment to yourself to create the best possible present moment in every moment. If you do that, you’re already guaranteed a great future because your only commitment is to the present moment, and your future is just a string of present moments.
- If you know that you can control your present moment, and you have a visual of a future that you’re excited to get to, all you have to do is just create the best present moment in every moment. That’s the only thing you have to do! We need to find joy in our present moment. We cannot control the future. What you have control of is what you do right now in your present moment with what you have. I can choose the thoughts I want. I can choose what to do, who to hang out with, what TV station to watch or not watch. I can choose to go out in nature. I can choose to meditate. That is something I can 100% control.
- Every time you feel anxiety, use that as a trigger to take some deep breaths, and then think to yourself: “This fear or anxiety is happening in my life to tell me what I don’t want. What do I want instead?” Start visualizing what you do want. Gently focus on that.
- Most of us are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of us live joyless lives. However, when we can find joy in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful future.
Trust in yourself and the universe
- True self-love is having this level of trust in the universe, in your higher self. You know that even if you say no to an opportunity that seems great, because you don’t feel like doing it right now, or maybe you’re too tired or overbooked, you understand “if it’s meant to be for me, it’s going to come back when I’m ready”. That is true self-love.
- Self-love is the utmost of faith that whatever is happening to me is happening for my highest good. It is that trust, that faith, that knowing that I am part of the Divine.
- When you love yourself, there’s a lightness to your being. That self-love, that lightness, that sense of humor, that is what being spiritual is about, and that is the state of consciousness that really opens you up to your intuition and to your guidance from the other side.
- When you don’t love yourself, you need the approval of other people. You value other people’s opinions, feelings, and thoughts more than your own. When you love yourself, you feel more courage, you feel strengthened, and you feel braver in taking chances.
- I detach myself from preconceived outcomes and trust that all is well. Being myself allows the wholeness of my unique magnificience to draw me in those directions most beneficial to me and to all others. This is really the only thing I have to do. And within that framework, everything that is truly mine comes into my life effortlessly, in the most magical and unexpected ways imaginable, demonstrating every day the power and love of who I truly am.
Learn to receive
- When you start to love yourself more you will learn to receive with grace. Many of us who don’t love ourselves, we don’t allow ourselves to receive. When you don’t allow yourself to receive, you are often blocking things like receiving a healing, receiving insights, and so on.
- When you are receiving, you are nourishing your soul and you are filling yourself up. It’s like recharging the battery on your smartphone. You cannot run on an empty battery. It’s so important to receive.
To love yourself is to heal yourself
- The healing journey is not about doing; it’s about undoing. It’s not about trying to erase the fears or whatever; it’s about loving yourself more.
- Do whatever it takes for you to heal yourself, whatever it is. Don’t think about anyone else right now. You will be inspiring people as a result of you doing whatever it takes to heal yourself, to shine your own light as brightly as you can.
Judgement of ourselves and others
- The problem is not the judgement or hatred we have for others – it’s the judgement we have for ourselves. if we stopped judging ourselves, we would cease to judge others.
- Don’t judge yourself. Don’t beat yourself up. Be your own best friend.
- Many of us believe we will love ourselves more if we look a certain way. But I want you to know that it’s more important to love and accept how you are right now. And if you want to make some changes to your physical appearance, do them from a place of love and pleasure, not from a place of inadequacy.
Confusion because of lack of self-love
- The only question we need to ask yourself when you are feeling defeated or lost is, “Where am I not loving myself? How can I value myself more.”
Beliefs and negative thoughts that limit our potential
- You are filtering reality. We need to open up and let go of the filters that are not serving us, filters of lack and scarcity, filters of not deserving healing, filters of not believing in miracles. These are the kinds of belief filters that we hold on to that prevent better things from happening in our life.
- What was keeping me small was the way I was treating myself. I was allowing myself to believe that the way others treated me defined me. I have the choice of being a victor instead of a victim. I have the choice of taking control of my life because I’m an adult and I am in full control of my life.
- The more you believe it, the more it starts to become real for you. This is why it is so very important to believe in positive things, rather than negative things. Whatever you believe, you will find that you are correct. The universe has a way of presenting to you exactly what you believe. If you think life is great, you are correct. If you think life is tough, you will be proved correct too.
Emotionally draining people
- If you’re going to lose anyone’s support because you want to follow your own heart, then they aren’t the right person to support you through this journey! It’s so important that the people you have around you right now support you for who you are, not because you are doing what they say.
- I believe that the greatest truths of the universe don’t lie outside, in the study of the stars and the planets. They lie deep within us, in the magnificence of our heart, mind, and soul. Until we understand what is within, we can’t understand what is without.
- If you have trouble accessing your true feelings about a choice, try flipping a coin. Notice your gut reaction to the outcome of the toss – if you feel a positive response, go with that option. If your gut clenches, choose a different option.
Giving life advice
- Instead of giving friends advice, ask questions. When you ask people the right questions, and you’ll get really good at this, they will come up with their own answers, which is even more empowering, and you won’t be drained. It’s more empowering when people come up with their own solutions.
Connecting to God
- My life force energy is a connection to God. It’s a connection to all that is. I am part of all that is, and what comes through me is for my highest good. When you know that, you will be guided to go in the direction you need to go, and then it’s about listening to, and acting on, the guidance.
- We are not these bodies; we’re neither our accomplishments nor our possessions—we are all one with the Source of all being, which is God.
- A miracle is when your mind gets out of the way so that divinity can do what it needs to do.