Jesus (2 BC to 30–33 AD) is the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God. Wikipedia
https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/Authors/Jesus-Christ.jpeg 710 531 Graeme https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-test-300x37.png Graeme2017-10-27 15:16:442021-06-25 09:31:45Jesus Christ (quotes)
Love with all your heart
- You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.
- A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Love even your enemies
- You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
- If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? … If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?
Forgive those who wrong you
- For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses neither will your father forgive your trespasses.
- Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.
Treat others as you want to be treated
- Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
Let go of the need to judge
- Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
- Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
- Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone.
Give generously to others and be of service to them
- Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.
- It is better to give than to receive.
Focus your thoughts on what is right, pure, noble and beautiful
- Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.
Be a light unto the world …
- No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light.
- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
… bringing forth what is good within you …
- If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
- The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
… for great treasure, potential and goodness lies inside you
- Even the least among you can do all that I have done, and greater things.
- The kingdom of God is within you.
- … for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in this world.
Do good from your heart, not to impress others
- Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.
- So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets… But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Let go of worry …
- So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
- Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
… by trusting in God …
- Do not let your heart be troubled, trust God.
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
… for God will provide all you need
- Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- Look at the birds of the air; They neither plant nor reap, they neither store nor hoard, yet day by day they are provided with food.
- Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you.
Ask with faith and you will receive
- Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7,8
- And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
- And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
Faith provides great power
- For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible to you.
- For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
… realising that no one is superior to anyone else
- Very truly, I tell you, servants are not greater than their master, nor are messengers greater than the one who sent them. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.
Nourish your soul …
- Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
- Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
… putting your soul before all else, for that is where true wealth lies
- What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and yet loses his soul?
- Do not seek for yourselves treasures on earth. Rust consumes them, and thieves will steal them. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Learn to gain control of yourself
- He who rules his spirit has won a greater victory than the taking of a city.
- Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
Repent of your wrong doing and you will be forgiven
- Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
- See also the Parable of the Lost Son
More words of Jesus
- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule. Jesus,
- And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.
- Put away your sword, for whoever lives by the sword will perish by the sword.
- And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Hearken to the word; understand knowledge; love life, and no one will persecute you, nor will anyone oppress you, other than you yourselves.
- The path of dying to self and being reborn leads to life abundant.
- For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
- Not my will, but thine, be done.
- But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Jesus sayings in the Gospel of Thomas
Sow seeds today to reap a harvest tomorrow
- Jesus said, “Look, the sower went out, took a handful (of seeds), and scattered (them). Some fell on the road, and the birds came and gathered them. Others fell on rock, and they didn’t take root in the soil and didn’t produce heads of grain. Others fell on thorns, and they choked the seeds and worms ate them. And others fell on good soil, and it produced a good crop: it yielded sixty per measure and one hundred twenty per measure.
The kingdom of heaven is spread out across the earth and God is in everything
- The kingdom of heaven is spread out across the earth, only people don’t see it.
- The Kingdom of God is inside you and it is outside you. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone and there you will find me.
- Once you come to know yourselves, you will become known.
- If you don’t bring forth what is inside you, what you don’t bring forth will destroy you.