Shakti Gawain (1948 – 2018) was a New Age and personal development author. Her books have sold over 10 million copies. Wikipedia
https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/Authors/Shakti-Gawain.jpg 784 596 Aimee Davies https://wisdomtrove.com/wp-content/uploads/logo-test-300x37.png Aimee Davies2020-03-29 06:42:032021-06-26 04:08:05Shakti Gawain (quotes)
Trust your intuition and its guidance
- In order to heal themselves, people must recognize, first, that they have an inner guidance deep within and, second, that they can trust it.
- Learning to trust your intuition is an art form, and like all other art forms, it takes practice to perfect.
- Your intuition will most likely push you gently towards some appropriate risks and trying new things.
- What I am actually saying is that we need to be willing to let our intuition guide us, and then be willing to follow that guidance directly and fearlessly.
- Most of us are in touch with our intuition whether we know it or not, but we’re usually in the habit of doubting or contradicting it so automatically that we don’t even know it has spoken.
- When I’m trusting and being myself as fully as possible, everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily, often miraculously.
- Each of us has all the wisdom and knowledge we ever need right within us. It is available to us through the intuitive mind, which is our connection with universal intelligence.
- Following our inner guidance may feel risky and frightening at first, because we are no longer playing it safe, doing what we ‘should’ do, pleasing others, following rules, or deferring to outside authority.
- Your intuition will tell you where you need to go; it will connect you with people you should meet; it will guide you toward work that is meaningful for you – work that brings you joy, work that feels right for you.
- The most successful people are often very intuitive. Consciously or unconsciously, they follow their gut feelings. Following intuition puts us in the flow – a very alive, productive, and desirable state.
- There is a universal, intelligent, life force that exists within everyone and everything. It resides within each one of use as a deep wisdom, an inner knowing. We can access this wonderful source of knowledge and wisdom through our intuition, an inner sense that tells us what feels right and true for us at any given moment.
- Notice what happens when you doubt, suppress, or act contrary to your feelings. You will observe decreased energy, powerless or helpless feelings, and physical or emotional pain. Now notice what happens when you follow your intuitive feelings. Usually the result is increased energy and power and a sense of natural flow. When you’re at one with yourself, the world feels peaceful, exciting, and magical.
- Practice following your intuition in everyday things, trusting your gut feelings moment by moment and acting on them as best you can. As you learn to trust yourself in smaller matters, you will build power and confidence to take bigger risks and deal with the larger issues in your life successfully.
Recognise and express your inner genius
- We will discover the nature of our particular genius when we stop trying to conform to our own and other’s people’s models, learn to be ourselves and allow our natural channel to open.
- Every creative genius has been a channel. Every masterwork has been created through the channeling process. Great works are not created by the personality alone. They arise from a deep inspiration on the universal level, and are then expressed and brought into form through the individual personality.
- When you’re following your energy and doing what you want all the time, the distinction between work and play dissolves.
Tune into your body wisdom
- Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen.
- I am convinced that life in a physical body is meant to be an ecstatic experience.
- The body is our primary feedback mechanism which can show us what is and isn’t working about our ways of thinking, expressing, and living. As we live our truth more fully and freely, our body grows healthier, stronger, and more beautiful.
- If you are feeling tired or ill, rest. Your body will always want rest and ease if it’s sick. When you become quiet, ask your body what you need to do in order to heal yourself. Your body may tell you to change certain habits, eat more wholesome food, express some feelings, quit your job, see a doctor, or it may have some other message for you, but there is always an answer available to you. The key is to ask and then listen honestly for a response.
- The way to a beautiful, strong, healthy body is to start by trusting yourself right now. Let go of the struggle and surrender to your body’s needs. Your intuition will tell you what to eat. It may direct you to exercise vigorously, in which case you’ll enjoy it, or it may tell you to slow down and rest. It may tell you to stay in bed all day, or it may tell you to get up early. There are no rigid rules. Your body knows perfectly well what’s good for it.
Using the power of imagination to create
- You create your opportunities by asking for them.
- Imaging what you want as if it already exists opens the door to letting it happen.
- When you have strong intention to create something — that is, you deeply desire it, you completely believe that you can do it, and you are totally willing to have it — it is likely to manifest in your life in one way or another.
- Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart truly desires must come to you.
- We have to understand in a deep way that having what we truly want in life contributes to the general state of human happiness and supports others in creating more happiness for themselves
- The most powerful thing you can do to change the world is to change your own beliefs about the nature of life, people, and reality to something more positive… and begin to act accordingly.
- We always attract into our lives whatever we think about most, believe most strongly, expect on the deepest level, and imagine most vividly.
- If you constantly think of illness, you eventually become ill; if you believe yourself to be beautiful, you become so.
Surrender to the Universe
- The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
- The Universe will pay you to be yourself and do what you really love.
- Eventually I lost interest in trying to control my life, to make things happen in a way that I thought I wanted them to be. I began to practice surrendering to the universe and finding out what “it” wanted me to do.
- Let us imagine that life is a river. Most people are clinging to the bank, afraid to let go and risk being carried along by the current of the river. At a certain point, each of us must be willing to simply let go, and trust the river to carry us along safely. At this point, we learn to “go with the flow” — and it feels wonderful. Once we have become accustomed to being in the flow of the river, we can begin to look ahead and guide our course onward, deciding where the course looks best, steering the way around boulders and snags, and choosing which of the many channels and branches of the river we prefer to follow, all the while still “going with the flow.”
Appreciate all that you have
- We each have an infinite supply of love and happiness within us. We have been accustomed to thinking that we have to get something from outside of us in order to be happy, but in truth it works the other way.
- As long as we focus on the outside, there will always be that empty, hungry, lost place inside that needs to be filled.
- When you see beauty anywhere, it’s a reflection of yourself.
- When we finally give up the struggle to find fulfillment “out there,” we have nowhere to go but within. It is at this moment of total surrender that a new light begins to dawn.
- Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level. We need to literally ‘count our blessings,’ give thanks for them, allow ourselves to enjoy them, and relish the experience of prosperity we already have.
- Most of us have considerable prosperity in our lives. Often, we are so busy pursuing our unmet desires that we are unable to enjoy all that we already have. Allowing ourselves to really appreciate the prosperity we have created is a big step toward opening to even greater fulfillment.
Embracing both your humanness and spirituality
- As human beings we have vulnerabilities. We also have power, but we can’t just be powerful all the time.
- On the path of transformation we embrace both our humanness and our spirituality. Instead of attempting to escape or ignore them, we honor our human needs for relationship, and we learn to be more conscious of how to communicate those needs and how to take good care of ourselves and each other in the process. We also recognize that we are spiritual beings, not limited to our human form and emotions, but connected to the unlimited oneness of the universe.
The healing process
- Problems are messages.
- A painful time in our life is what I call a healing crisis. We are letting go of something old and opening to something new.
- Evil (ignorance) is like a shadow– it has no real substance of its own, it is simply a lack of light. You cannot cause a shadow to disappear by trying to fight it, stamp on it, by railing against it, or any other form of emotional or physical resistance. In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it.
- Each of us comes into this life with lessons to learn and gifts to give.
- Anything in life that we don’t accept will simply make trouble for us until we make peace with it.
- Change happens not by trying to make yourself change, but by becoming conscious of what’s not working.
- We avoid the things that we’re afraid of because we think there will be dire consequences if we confront them. But the truly dire consequences in our lives come from avoiding things that we need to learn about or discover.
- We are living in a very exciting and powerful time. On the deepest level of consciousness, a radical spiritual transformation is taking place. I believe that on a worldwide level, we are being challenged to let go of our present way of life and create an entirely new one. We are, in fact, in the process of destroying our old world and building a new one in its place.
- As we begin to love and appreciate ourselves as we are, our channels and we access the infinite vitality of life force.
- Everything in the universe wants to be loved and accepted. Our personal work is to find the love and acceptance within ourselves.
- The more we have given to ourselves, the more we have to give to others. When we find that place within ourselves that is giving, we begin to create an outward flow. Giving to others comes not from a sense of sacrifice, self-righteousness, or spirituality, but for the pure pleasure of it, because it’s fun. Giving can only come from a full, loving space.
Rigid belief systems
- We live in a culture that doesn’t acknowledge or validate human intuition and doesn’t encourage us to rely on our intuitive wisdom.
- Very seldom do we receive support for trusting ourselves, listening to our own sense of inner truth, and expressing ourselves in a direct and honest way.
- Much of the Western world emphasizes rationality and reason, but overlooks or ignores the enormous value of intuition and instinctive wisdom.
- We don’t have in our culture a healthy understanding and respect for the value of Being, which is simply being present in the moment, not trying to go somewhere, not trying to accomplish anything but, just present.
- Creative power has to filter through our beliefs, attitudes, emotions, and habits. The more negative and constricted our beliefs and patterns are, the more they block the creative energy. Most people hope that by ignoring negativity, it will go away, but the reverse is actually true. Through recognizing, acknowledging, and experiencing it, the blocked energy can be released. You are then free to replace it with positive beliefs and attitudes.
Attitudes towards money
- Poverty on both a personal and worldwide level is supported by our collective belief in scarcity.
- Since money is energy, our financial affairs tend to reflect how our life energy is moving. When your creative energy is flowing freely, often your finances are as well. If your energy is blocked, your money does too.
- The key point to understand is that prosperity is an internal experience, not an external state, and it is an experience that is not tied to having a certain amount of money.
- Our relationship to money reflects how we feel about our power to affect the world. Since money is a mirror of our consciousness, the more comfortable we are with being powerful, the more money we are likely to create in our lives.
- People with little money seldom realize that people who have a lot of money are also frightened. … If security is based on having money, it doesn’t matter whether you have a little or a lot, you’re going to be afraid.
Doubting your inner guidance
- Every time you don’t follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual sadness.
- When we consistently suppress and distrust our intuitive knowingness, looking instead for authority, validation, and approval from others, we give our personal power away.
- If I could identify one core problem about the world, it’s that we’ve been taught to distrust ourselves.
- We may overcompensate for our feelings of powerlessness by attempting to control and manipulate other people and our environment. Or we may eventually burst forth with uncontrolled rage that is highly exaggerated and distorted by its long suppression.
Judging your healing process
- As you learn to consciously observe the transformation process, you will watch yourself repeating a lot of old patterns long after you seemingly know better. Spiritually and intellectually, you realize there is another way, but emotionally you are still clinging to the old habits. This is a difficult time. Try to be patient and compassionate with yourself. When you recognize the futility of an old pattern so clearly, it’s about to change! A short time later, you will suddenly begin to respond differently, in a more positive way.
Rejecting aspects of yourself
- Do Opposites Repel or Attract? The people in our lives who make us uncomfortable, who annoy us, who we feel judgmental or even combative toward, reflect parts of ourselves that we reject — usually aspects of our disowned selves, the shadow side of our personality. If you are a gentle, soft-spoken person, you may be very irritated by a person who seems loud and pushy. Or if you are a direct, outspoken person you may feel uncomfortable with those who hold back and seem overly timid. The fact is that in both cases you are mirroring each other’s disowned energies. The quiet person is being shown their undeveloped assertive side, and the aggressive person is being shown their undeveloped reflective side.
- You DO want a relationship — and you DO want freedom — what you really want is BALANCE, you want wholeness. But there is some inner conflict — fear, anxiety, some disowned part of yourself that is keeping you free, but also keeping you out of a relationship.
The nature of consciousness
- Consciousness is an ever-unfolding, deepening, and expanding process with no end point. We are infinite and complex beings, and our human journey involves not just a spiritual awakening, but the development of all levels of our being – spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical – and the integration of all these aspects into a healthy and balanced daily life.
- Spirit is the essence of consciousness, the energy of the universe that creates all things. Each one of us is a part of that spirit – a divine entity. So the spirit is the higher self, the eternal being that lives within us.
- The union of feminine and masculine energies within the individual is the basis of all creation.
Relationships with others
- My willingness to be intimate with my own deep feelings creates the space for intimacy with another.
- A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel.
- We have to get good at being with ourselves before we can hope to be good at being in relationships with others.
- All our relationships, especially the deep ones, stir up the deepest issues for us that we need to confront and work with
- My viewing our relationships with friends, family, and co-workers as mirrors, as teachers – we see that they are reflecting back to us exactly what we most need to learn. friends, family, and co-
- The people we are in relationship with are always a mirror, reflecting our own beliefs, and simultaneously we are mirrors, reflecting their beliefs. .. relationship is one of the most powerful tools for growth…. If we look honestly at our relationships, we can see so much about how we have created them.
- When you truly give up trying to be whole through others, you end up receiving what you always wanted from others.
Ambition and Assertiveness
- Ambition is an idol, on whose wings great minds are carried only to extreme; to be sublimely great or to be nothing.
- Assertiveness is not what you do, it’s who you are!
- I am a radiant being, filled with light and love.
- This, or something better, now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways, for the highest good of all concerned.
- I am lovable. I am kind and loving, and I have a great deal to share with others. I am talented, intelligent, and creative. I am attractive. I deserve the very best in life. I have a lot to offer and everyone recognizes it. I love the world and the world loves me. I am willing to be happy and successful.
- Every day, I am learning to love and appreciate myself more and more.
The more I love and appreciate myself, the more love I have to give to others.
This is a rich universe and there is plenty for all of us.
The creative power within me is producing perfect results in every phase of my life now.